It might seem that hairstyles for women over 40 are limited, but actually, there are so many ways to style your hair or change it up when you’re bored. From cute pixies and short curly lobs to classic layered looks…
If you’re struggling with your hair to make it look good, read on for hair inspiration!
1. Short-To-Medium Bob with Side Bangs. This classic haircut can become your signature look if you are a practical woman who appreciates simplicity and comfort.
2. Long Tousled Sliced Haircut. Prefer to keep your long locks? This beautiful hairstyle with split shaggy bangs uses finely cut layers to keep the look young and fresh.
3. Long Curly Style for Fine Hair. As we women get older, we tend to cut our hair shorter. Keep the length you love and show off your curls with a beautiful style like this.
4. Shoulder-Grazing Curly Cut. Do you have short curly hair? Look your best and maintain your golden curls with a curl creme. Keep face-framing locks longer and pair the style with cute bouncy bangs.
5. Long Hair with Two-Tier Layers. Not all haircuts for women over 40 have to be short! This lovely long style with golden highlights will help keep your overall look modern and feminine.
6. Medium Curly Shag. Wondering what to do with your fine thin hair? Work in a bit of curl crème or hair oil to bring life and bounce to otherwise boring hair.
7. Long Flowy Waves. The classic long blonde haircut looks gorgeous at any age. Women in their 40s can consider livening their hair up with some caramel highlights and easy beach waves.
8. Medium-To-Long Tight Curls. Do you have curly hair that tends to look more like ringlets? Using too much product to maintain curly hair can weigh it down or make it feel crunchy, so be sure not to go overboard.
9. Textured Bronde Haircut with Bangs. Wondering how to spice up your long hair? If your solid color is getting boring, go for bronde! Have your stylist throw in an accent shade and cute choppy bangs.
10. Short Wavy Bob with Highlights. Thin hair can look its best too with a simple snip snip. While the beige-blonde babylights enliven the color, the tousled waves add lift and movement.
11. Medium-Length Shag. For older women searching for a low-maintenance haircut, this shoulder-length style will be right up your alley. Add long thin layers to give the most body and top the whole look off with feathered bangs.
12. Shoulder-Length Brunette Cut. Rich brunette hair with caramel highlights stuns and brings warmth to the face, perfect for fall fashion. The deep side part adds body and builds an awesome cascade of flipped up layers.
13. Effortless Shaggy Haircut. Want a self-styling option? The beautiful medium-length shag loaded with layers will flatter every face shape. Add well-blended bangs that can easily be pinned to the side.
14. Perfect Pixie with Undercut. The trendy pixie hairstyle isn’t going to lose its popularity soon. Go blonde to set off your skin tone or try a completely different all-over color.
15. Short Tapered Pixie with Curls. The soft blonde curls ensure this pixie hairstyle stays feminine while also being edgy and trendy. For women 40 and up with thin hair, the cut gives the illusion of fuller locks.
16. Rounded Shortie. Older women looking for trendy haircuts that are easy to manage may want to consider this shapely shortie. Swoopy layers with side-swept bangs are what make this a classic look.
17. Black Blunt Bob with Bangs. Haircuts that are super short and blunt like this one look ultra edgy. To keep the look trendy, opt for cropped bangs, accurate edges, and a solid color.
18. Inspired by Jennifer Aniston. Similar to the classic Jennifer Aniston`s looks, this beautiful long haircut can’t bring you down. Take the best from summer into colder months with some cute sun-kissed highlights that set off the darker base.
19. Long Hair with Face-Framing Layers. Just because you’re turning 40 doesn’t mean you have to go short! Long layered hair like this beautiful brunette hairstyle will help you feel your best, especially if you have thin hair.
20. Short White Wavy Cut. Women 40 and up looking for the best way to style their short curly hair should consider a pixie hairstyle. Angled layers and an undercut work together to create lift, movement, and texture.
21. Cropped Pixie. Dare to be bold and rock this cute pixie hairstyle cropped and bleached to shine like a star. If you’re 40 and up and looking for a daring change, a haircut like this is for you.
22. Messy Rosewood Waves. What better way to celebrate turning 40 than a beautiful hairstyle like this? The rich reddish-brown with just a hint of pink upgrades this short curly messy cut.
23. Spiky Pixie. There’s more than one way to fashion a pixie hairstyle. Ask your stylist to keep bangs long and straight and create texture with shorter spikes for the rest of the hair.
24. Long Pixie. Do you have coarse hair? Trick everyone into thinking you’re the queen of volume with a haircut that screams texture. This pixie hairstyle boasts uneven layers and brightening highlights to jazz up the look.
25. Voluminous Medium Length Waves. Put a twist on the classic long-to-medium haircut and add in some shaggy layers and subtle face-framing highlights.
26. Pretty Angled Layers. A middle part on the highlighted blondie is effortless yet statement-making. Long layers with flipped up ends create a look that screams “cute girl next door.”
27. Asymmetrical Pixie. This take on the popular pixie gives you and your admirers something to talk about. The contrast of the long side-swept bangs and short spiky crown layers builds a bold and eye-catching look.
28. Layered Brunette. Want to do something with color but not sure what? Highlights on a brunette base are a perfect solution for that autumn glow. Try it on a medium-length hairstyle.
29. Shoulder-Length Shaggy Bob. Revamp your tired hair by bringing it up to a shoulder-length shag and giving it fullness with a side part. It’s long enough to still be feminine, but also short enough to guarantee effortless styling.
30. Long Length, Layered Ends. Treat yourself to a blowout this weekend and go for that beautiful blonde layered hairstyle you’ve been dreaming about!
31. Medium-Length Salt and Pepper Cut. Older women will slay the day with this medium-length salt and pepper hairstyle. Ask for medium feathered layers to create movement and body.
32. Short Cut with Long Bangs. Haircuts for women over 40 look best when upgraded with a customized color, such as this golden blonde with icy highlights. Combine it with extra-long bangs flattering your face shape and feel beautiful every minute of your day!
33. Choppy Pixie with Bangs. This pixie for fine hair lets you keep the length you love while still trying out a short haircut. The choppy bangs make this look super cute!
34. Angled Lob. Tousled waves with choppy ends and highlights are all you need to make this beautiful shoulder-length haircut a stunner!
35. Wavy Shoulder-Length Hairstyle. If wash-and-go is what you’re looking for, try a shoulder-length haircut. Just a bit of curl crème scrunched into wet wavy hair creates an effortless style!
36. Partial Purple Highlights. Celebrate turning 40 by trying something a little different. Pick a fun color, such as this pastel purple, to liven up a tired look.
37. Messy Pixie. 40 year olds don’t necessarily have to wear the trendy pixies supper short or spiky. Keep it soft and flirty with added texture at the crown and neat side-swept bangs. It’s a chic and comfortable way to deal with fine thin hair.
38. Icy Blonde Straight Cut. Smooth, straight locks with choppy ends and cropped bangs give this bob a professional, sophisticated look.
39. Short Asymmetrical Curly Cut. Every day will be a good hair day if your highlighted curly ringlets are as beautiful as these. An asymmetrical cut and a good curl enhancer are all you need for body and edge.
40. Medium-Length Bouncy Curls. Your girlfriends will have major hair envy when you show up with this medium-to-long wavy hairstyle. With locks full of bounce, you’ll always look your best.
Well, with so many beautiful hairstyles for women over 40, which one will you choose?